About the business and role:
Leocata’s Transport Storage and Distribution is a family owned and operated transport freight business servicing local and interstate clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly outgoing person with great communication skills.
The company is currently looking for a payroll/accounts officer located in Tatura, Victoria. This is an opportunity for a person with payroll/accounts experience to learn different facets of the transport and logistics area and to apply their skills in a company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The position is a part time role ( 3 days per week) with potential for full time based at our Tatura facility reporting to the General Manager.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Process weekly payroll
- Ensure compliance and timely processing of PAYG, STP, Payroll Tax and superannuation
- Prepare month-end and year-end payroll reports
- Prepare monthly leave accrual report
- Liaise with Payroll Software Support on system-related issues
- Ad hoc duties
The successful applicant is required to possess the following:
- Payroll experience for 50+ people
- Accounting knowledge
- High level use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel etc.
- Knowledge of payroll/accounting systems e.g. QuickBooks
- Accounting qualification desirable
- Knowledge of transport industry and awards advantageous
- Team player but able to work autonomously
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent communication skills both over the phone and in written emails as well as within the office environment.
- Must be able to communicate with employees in a friendly professional manner
- Strong commitment to providing excellent client service for external and internal clients
- Must be a team player with a positive can do attitude
Candidates are required to pass a background check and undertake a drug and alcohol test
Note: The company is unable to accept overseas applications
If you are confident you can meet the above criteria, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com ensuring your contact details are included.
Download employment opportunity: Payroll Officer